About

Hello, my name is Sean Lynch. I am a poet and editor who co-founded Whirlwind Magazine in 2014 with Lamont Steptoe. I’ve edited several chapbooks, as well as Rocky Wilson’s poetry collection The Last Bus to Camden, which was released in 2016 by Moonstone Press. My first book of poems the city of your mind was published by Whirlwind Press in 2013. I released my second chapbook, Broad Street Line under Moonstone Press in 2016. My upcoming book, 100 Haiku will be released in the summer of 2018.

You can also find some of my poems online and in print in publications including:

Haiku in Leaves of Ink

Haiku in June, 2017 issue of Failed Haiku

Haiku in issue #22 of Chrysanthemum

“With the Word We Will be Healed,” “At Whitman’s Tomb,” “Ode to Frank O’Hara,” and “Militant Throws King’s Colt,” in Misfit Magazine

“The Sodomite is Dead” in Cacti Fur

“Halo Nest” in Scarlet Leaf Review

“Feed the Piranhas” in Curate This! Philadelphia

18275118_10154367787276384_5954580666929944900_n

331 Responses to About

1. jjhiii24 says:

Hey there, Sean!

It always amazes me when I read work by young people like yourself that just oozes with amazing thoughts. It seems impossible that you could write with such style and grace and all this when you’ve hardly gotten out of the gate of your life, so to speak. It’s a bit of a mind bender I have to say. I guess it amazes me so much because it took me a lot longer to get anywhere close. Maybe I’m just a slow starter.

I admire your poetry and your courage in reading all the way through on my “about” page. I’ve really tried to cut it down to be shorter, but it just doesn’t seem to say enough when I do. I guess I have a lot to say sometimes and I can’t stop myself.

You have a great talent for cutting to the core and stripping away the superfluous in your expressions and I truly admire that. Plus, you’re only a stone’s throw away in Philadelphia! I’ve been to the city hundreds of times but I don’t remember seeing you.

I appreciate your visit and I’m gonna follow you for a bit and see how it goes….

Regards…..John H.

• S. W. Lynch says:

Hello John,

I remember you, you commented on some of my work a few months ago. You parted me with wise words then as you have now, and I appreciate your recognition of my work albeit the fledgling work that it is. I am young, and I hope to be given the chance to write more extensive works in the future.

I’m not surprised we haven’t ran into each other since Philly is a city of 3 million people, but then again, it does seem like I run into people here quite often. Thanks for the reply.

2. ACwords says:

Thanks for the follow! Looks like you’ve got some good stuff going on here.

3. naokihan says:

Thanks for following. :)

4. Openobserver says:

Hey Sean, thanks for the visit and following. You sound like an interesting young man to this old one. Look forward to sharing.

5. Thanks for visiting and following my blog “Eyes to Heart.” … All the best to you on your writing journey … Be well, Dorothy :-)

6. Sean, Wishing you Happy Holidays and thanks for following My Poetic Spirit ~Mary

7. joelseath says:

A site with a lot of intelligent content, judging by what I’ve read so far. Thank you for the follow.

• S. W. Lynch says:

Thank you sir. I’ve read a few of your articles and I enjoyed them. I was especially interested in what you wrote about micro fiction. I’ve always been attracted to Kafka, and I’ve been meaning to read Invisible Cities. Thank you for replying and cheers from across the pond.

8. chapamy says:

Thanks for checking out Constellation Blog; I’m glad to find your site. You’ve got great talent ….. take care of your spirit along the way. :) Hope you’ll have some holiday joy.

9. Subhan Zein says:

Hi Shane,

Happy New Year to you. May 2013 bring you love, happiness, and success. For someone so young, you definitely have a voice, so keep carving brilliance, my friend.

Subhan Zein

10. Noha Rady says:

HI ! I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for following by blog, and liking my post.
    And, have a happy new year!

11. AR Neal says:

Alrighty–Philly in the house! We moved to Southern California from South Jersey; I went to Temple U. for my master’s and we spent enormous amounts of time in the city. Great to see your work and looking forward to reading more!

• Hell yeah, I’m always glad to converse with fellow Philadelphians on wordpress, because this city has a distinctness that gives our collective voice a gritty down-to-earth-ness. I was raised in South Jersey, and many of my friends and some of my family go to/have gone to Temple.

12. snappy~speak says:

Thanks for the follow, Sean! I lived in Philly for a couple of years- great place.
    ~Christy

13. Hi, I’ve nominated you for the Liebster Award, because your Blog is one of my Favourites. If you don’t have the time to nominate more, I would love to know your answers to the Questions I’ve asked, you can reply on the Link : http://imsteventruong.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/liebster-award/

14. Thanks for following my blog and all the best with yours. And don’t worry about the destroyed writing – I’ve been a professional writer for nearly 40 years and still ditch at least 80% of what I write. Keep at it!

• Good to hear. Thanks for the sound advice. Your traveling blog is very interesting, you take some lovely photos. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to comment on some of my poetry.

15. orlando gustilo says:

More power to your writing! Writers, I hear, throw away pages and pages until they’ve stripped their prose to no-thing. Ciao!

16. Lakshmi Loves To Shop says:

Namaste…thank you for visiting and following my blog :-) I look so forward to following yours too…

17. Read the Poetry Ink article. Congratulations on being there. Sonia Sanchez is one of my heroines. Wishing you every success, now and in the future. Michele

18. Karen says:

I have nominated you for the Very inspiring Blogger Award: http://drawingroomdays.wordpress.com/2013/04/18/blog-awards/ xx

19. kkline922 says:

Greetings. I’ve followed, and have enjoyed your blog for some time now. I’ve nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award. Thanks for your words ; )

• Sean Lynch says:

Thank you so much, there are certain followers of mine that I appreciate a lot and I am really grateful towards because they give such thought provoking feedback, and you are one of them.

20. Do you have THE LIEBSTER AWARD YET??? Now you do! Please check out my nomination for details…http://evavanbeek.com/ has a better awards picture! My post is at http://bythemightymumford.wordpress.com/2013/05/29/the-liebster-award-nomination/

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )